Wednesday, August 6, 2008

LAOS IS WHERE THE HEART AND THE SPIRIT IS...

I don't think I could get enough of Laos yet.... At the end of May I took another trip out to Laos~ this time with my baby Kayley and sister Noe. Tui was on a business trip in Southeast Asia so he met us in Bangkok and we headed out to Laos together. We also got to see our friends Vilayphone and Ryan Cuellar who were returning to the homeland to reconnect with her family for the first time.

This trip was mainly business, but we managed to squeeze in lots of fun times and lots of exotic fruits which was all in season! Micheal and I had no intention of having a second home in Laos, but the past couple of trips to Laos made us both realize how much we enjoyed the slow paced life in Laos. On my last trip I had found a beautiful piece of land and came back to finalize the transaction. And we hope we can return soon to build our dream in Laos. I want our children to return often and to learn the language of their mom and grandparents.

I believe our future home in Laos will be a foundation for many great things I want to do in Laos for the people of Laos. It seems like such a long and hard dream, but I know I was guided by the Spirit, and things will eventually fall into place if my heart is in the right place....