



I can't seem to get enough of that "ALOHA SPIRIT" so every year I've been bringing it to life in our backyard. I love luaus, cause luaus mean lots of food, and I love lots of food. Always feeling that we might not have enough food for our family and friends, I make sure to prepare two whole pigs. One is prepared imu style cooked in hot rocks in the ground and the other one is spit-fire roasted for hours. I know it looks barbaric skewering a whole pig and roasting it over an open flame in our backyard, but do you think your other meats just magically cook themselves?
My favorite luau was at my baby shower...yes you heard me correctly. My baby shower at my own house....I threw myself my own baby shower. Why? Maybe it's cause I'm so narcisstic and full of myself or maybe it's cause I did not want to impose on my friends. It's just the way I am. I'm more comfortable to do things for friends than to have them do anything for me. The best part of the shower was to shower all my family and friends with fresh leis from the island. I had quite a scare with my leis not arriving on time. My first shipment of leis got confiscated by the department of agriculture due to "foreign pests" in the flowers. I think they just wanted the leis for their own luau party! Thanks to my brother's girlfriend, Libby, everything worked out better than planned. I got another shipment of leis the day of the luau shower and they were mostly the more elaborate leis since he sold out of the smaller leis from the first shipment.
Everyone makes it possible to have such a great luau. The Hinganos and Lela does an amazing Hawaiian dance performance. My nieces are such cute server girls. Vonkey is the sweetest bartender...just flirt with him and he will give you drinks on the rocks and crack open a fresh coconut for you. My family acting as my set up, cooking, and cleaning crew are wonderful. Without them, I could not have these luaus or any parties. LET'S LUAU!
1 comment:
That pig definitely looks like it's having a bad day!
Post a Comment